Followers

Monday, February 4, 2013

A "Terrible Awful" Happens in Hainesport

     If you've read The Help or seen the movie, you know what the "terrible awful" was.  It was... well, terrible and awful.    It was also intentional.  A "terrible awful" of the unintentional variety happened at our house yesterday.  I began cutting Mike's hair before I put the guard on the clippers.  The result was the complete loss of one of his sideburns.  The word of the hour was s**t.
     "Oh, s**t!"
     "S**t, what have I done?"
     "S**t, how am I going to fix this?"
     "S**t, S**t, s**t."
     So much for that promise to stop swearing in 2013.

This gives you the idea.
(Image from Google Images)
 
     After a few more rounds of the "S" word, nervous laughter, and a few tears (on my part), Mike calmly said, "It will grow back."  Then he made jokes that could have, if I laughed too hard, resulted in another divot in his hair.
     We discussed possible fixes.  Hair extensions wouldn't work for sideburns.  Outside of Hollywood, it would be too difficult to find realistic glue-on sideburns.  Mike nixed the bald spot cover that comes in a spray can.  The only solution seems to be to wait for his hair to grow.  And this:

Where did I ever find such a great guy?
    

2 comments:

  1. Well done Beverly ;) Maybe you just started a new fashion trend ;) Anyway I'm sure Mike does still look great :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought he was going for the rapper or sports star look. Just take a few more swipes at him with the clippers and he'll be cool. Don't think he's a hat kinda guy; but his head will stay warmer.

    ReplyDelete