Followers

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Party Invitation for Halloween (Or Not)

     I found this party invitation on Pinterest:

Complete instructions for this project are at
http://mrprintables.com/pop-up-house-party-invitation.html

      I modified this project to make a Halloween invitation.  For my guests though, it's not really a Halloween party since many of them "don't do Halloween."  Mike is an outright Halloween hater. My Halloweeny looking project is really an invitation to a chicken pot pie party that will occur at that time of the year when some people enjoy parading around in costumes.
     Here's my project:

I thought the original card was too small, so I increased it to 125% of the original. 

My template was drawn on 8.5 X 14 card stock.  The black card stock I used to make the house is 8.5 X 11, so I split the template and added a tab for gluing to two pieces together.

I traced and cut out the pieces.

The pieces are cut and most of the folds are done.

I embellished the house with images from my Print Artist program.  The inside and outside embellishments should be glued on before gluing the house together.

The information guests need is glued to the roof.  I used a dimensional to pop out the tombstone.

I put this image inside the house.  When recipients look through the windows, they will see it.  Elvira explains to Dracula, "Sorry, Drac.  They're having chicken pot pie.  Bloody Marys don't go with chicken pot pie."

The card will be flattened for mailing.  I made these pulls for popping it open.  Since there is a left and a right pull, they have to be mirror images of each other.

Fold the pull tab in half to make a crease, open and apply  glue, center the cord, then fold it over gluing the halves together.

The sides of the house are creased in the middle.  I decided where I wanted to place the pull tab and punched two holes.

Push the strings through the holes ... 

... and tie them on the inside.  

The Finished Project
To assemble the house pieces, I glued the roof peak tab first, then I glued the side wall tabs.

This is a scary neighborhood.

     If you want the chicken pot pie recipe, it's in the December 17, 2014 post.



    

2 comments:

  1. You can be sure that I'll save this invitation! Its the best I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete