Followers

Monday, November 2, 2020

Pandemic Toilet Paper Shortages

      I didn't suffer during the early pandemic toilet paper shortages because I'm a paper products hoarder.  Whenever the giant, economy size package of TP or paper towels goes on sale, I buy it, whether I need it or not, and stack it up in the attic.  We're eight months into this Covid mess, and I still have two big packages of Scott Comfort Plus.  One of these days, I'm going to pull out the last roll.  I'm fairly certain that the toilet paper I will purchase at that point will not be on sale.

     While I find paying full price for something you use once and flush down the loo a little uncomfortable, I'm smart enough to realize that the occasional paper shortage does not justify the cost of installing  a bidet - not to mention that a bidet would not enhance the resale value of a home in Hainesport, NJ.  

     The other day, I was on my way to the garage with a pile of leftover fabric that I planned to use for rags, and I had an idea.  Why not cut up those rags and use them to wipe?  I figured I would toss them out after one use.  Then I saw this:  

         

  

     I decided that one can carry frugal a bit too far.  I'm certainly not going to sew toilet paper substitutes, and I'm not washing and drying them for reuse.  Why should I cut up that fabric?  Things haven't gotten that bad yet.  I will cheerfully pay the market price for my next case of bog roll.  

No comments:

Post a Comment