Followers

Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy Blogday to "Happy in Hainesport"

     Take 3 minutes, 13 seconds for a musical interlude:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqH21LEmfbQ

     "Happy in Hainesport" began one year ago on February 29, 2012.  Debuting on Leap Day, the same as being born on Leap Day, means birthdays are celebrated on March 1st three years out of four.  So, today is the day to say, " HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!"  
     I didn't know how long I would last when I started the blog.  I decided to aim for one year.  Having hit the mark, it's time to decide: stay or go?  Before making that decision, I tried to find some statistics on the lifespan of blogs.  According to Caslon Analytics, the average blog has "the lifespan of a fruit fly" - about one month.  Sixty to eighty percent of blogs disappear within that time period.  The rest might hang around for a little less than three years, 33.8 months being the average.  H in H has outlasted twelve generations of fruit flies.  I say we aim for the three year mark.  Here comes trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment