Followers

Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Wearing Sneakers in Paris

     The standard advice for people visiting Paris is don't wear sneakers.  I would like to amend that old chestnut.  Don't wear white sneakers, especially the kind with velcro strap closures.  Do feel free to wear athletic shoes in most other colors.  Definitely sport spangled high tops if you have them.  I noticed several young people who used white sneakers as a canvas for their art work.
   
These feet belong to a house painter who decided to spend his lunch break sitting by the Seine River.  While he chowed down on on a container full of salad, I stealthily photographed his feet and eavesdropped to be sure he was speaking French.  I wanted to be sure my examples showed real French people.

Well, they are definitely not white!

Stylin!

I happened upon a line of about forty French school kids boarding a tour boat.  Every one of them wore sneakers. 

I snapped this French couple just before they hopped on their motorcycle.  It seems she has broken the rule about white.  

No comments:

Post a Comment