Followers

Monday, February 12, 2018

Yarning - Over and Over

     My obsession with yarn continues.  I started making hats, both crocheted and knitted.  All of these hats take less than 4 ounces (about one skein) of yarn.  If you want to make any of these hats after admiring my photos, check out the links and videos. 


I love this girl's beanie.  The flower is very easy to make and it's placement covers the joins where the yarn changes color.  The designer, Kristi Simpson, offers several tutorials on YouTube.  All of her projects are quick and easier to make than you would think from first  glance.  Video follows pictures.     
 
This unisex adult beanie is also easy to make.  The front and back post crochet stitches produce a thick, warm ribbing.  The tutorial I followed for making this hat produced a child's sized beanie.  I  used a J hooked as recommended by the designer, Yolanda Soto-Lopez, but I  increased from 48 to 60 stitches for the ribbed body of the hat.  I also continued crocheting for 17 rounds, a few rounds more than Yolanda's hat.
      

This shell stitch cloche is fast and easy.
https://www.interweave.com/article/crochet/belliveau-cove-gulf-shores-crochet-hats/

I switched to knitting and produced this hat.  The designer used size 5 double pointed needles.  I have only size 4 and size 9 sets of double pointed needles for knitting in the round, so I had to adjust the pattern.  Still, it turned out nicely.  If any reader wants to make this hat on size 9 needles, feel free to contact me for the information.  Here's a link to the original pattern:
https://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=6155511341520862278#editor/target=post;postID=1266428234577098972 

Slouchy-cute!

    

      Here are the tutorials that guided me in my hat making:



                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment