Followers

Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The-e-e Best Turkey Burger I Ever Ate

     Hamburgers are for Memorial Day, but I had a hankering for a turkey burger.  I found a recipe at Allrecipes.com that sounded good.  Their recipe used three pounds of meat.  I had only 1.3 pounds of ground turkey, so I adjusted the recipe.  I also made some little tweeks to the mix.

     Here's the link to the Allrecipe's site: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/39748/actually-delicious-turkey-burgers/

     Here's how I made my burgers:

     I got a bowl and mixed up -

                                           1.3 lbs. lean ground turkey

                                           1/8 cup one minute oatmeal (substitute for seasoned bread crumbs)

                                           A couple of shakes of Italian seasoning (because I didn't use the                                                     seasoned bread crumbs)

                                           1/8 cup finely diced onion - less if you don't love onion

                                           1/8 cup egg white

                                           About 1 tsp. dried parsley

                                           1 very small clove crushed, fresh garlic

                                           A scant 1/2 tsp. of salt

                                           Freshly ground black pepper to your taste

     Cook in a medium skillet, turning once.  Allrecipes recommends cooking to an internal temperature of 180°.  I also found another recipe that recommended cooking to an internal temperature of 160°.  Just cook it until it's well done but not dried out.  I melted pepper jack cheese over my burger before wrapping it in a bun.

     Weather wise this was a lousy Memorial Day, and I couldn't detect the smell of grilling anywhere in the neighborhood.  I'm betting that these burgers would be even better hot off the grill.                                                 



                                                   
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment