Followers

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Unexpected Surprise

     I was in Philly today for a checkup after December's Mohs surgery which treated skin cancer on my schnoz.  I thought having lunch at Parc on Rittenhouse Square would be the highlight of the day.  Having lunch at Parc while watching Henry Winkler have his lunch just a couple of tables away - now that's a high point.
     I haven't paid much attention to Henry Winkler since "Happy Days" and "Night Shift," so my lunch companion, a big fan of Winkler's travel show "Better Late than Never," would have to be the one to approach him.  She says he was quite gracious, extending his hand immediately to greet her.  After some brief conversation, she left him to his lunch.
     We wanted to be cool and not heckle the celebrity too much, but damn I wish we had gotten a selfie.

1 comment: