Followers

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Who?

     Not too often, but occasionally, I get to spend some time with young people.  Over the course of an afternoon, my twenty-something companion and I conversed about oodles of things.  It turned out that both of us soon forget a person's name, but never forget a face.  That led to discussing how changes in grooming might effect our ability to recognize someone.  A man might grow a beard that changes him from weak-chinned to ruggedly handsome; a woman might have a makeover that transforms her from fugly to fabulous.
     "Yeah," I said.  "Tom Selleck was an average guy in his high school picture.  Growing  longer hair and a mustache turned him into a lady killer."
     "Who's Tom Selleck?" my companion asked.
     I know I'm old, but geez, Tom Selleck still appears on TV each week in "Blue Bloods."  I guess neither Tom nor "Blue Bloods" is popular with young millennials.  Then I wondered if my friend knew that lady killers didn't actually murder women. 

Tom Selleck's High School Year Book Picture
Google Images

This image is from Tom's early 1980s Magnum, P.I. days.  LADY KILLER!
Google Images

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment