Followers

Monday, April 13, 2020

Petite Shawl

     I saw a pattern for a small shawl.  The designer called it a Summer Shawl, I suppose because her choice of yarn was a cotton/acrylic mix and because the shawl is just big enough to keep the shoulders warm.  That's good when restaurants and other public spaces have the air conditioning cranked up high.  This little accessory would also make a nice winter scarf.  It's big enough to cover one's head and wrap around the neck.

The shawl is about 16" deep and 72" long.  The shawl section was easy, but the ruffled border was a pain in the neck.  It took FOREVER to finish.  I also, made a few mistakes.  A missing stitch here and there in the midst of all that ruffling was not noticeable, so I did not correct some of my boo-boos.  Young Beverly would have frogged (rip it, rip it, rip it) until it was perfect, but elderly Beverly is not so inclined. 

So, how does it look paired with a lousy, old long sleeved T-shirt that I have been wearing for two days? 

No comments:

Post a Comment