Followers

Saturday, June 12, 2021

Wooden Wine Box

      At my price point, I don't often get my wine in wooden boxes.  I found a tasty, inexpensive Bordeaux a couple of weeks ago, so I went back and asked for a case of the stuff.  Turns out that the twelve bottles came in two wooden boxes - six bottles per box.  

     I loved the boxes all the way home.  The feelings changed once I tried to pry the tops off.  I wanted to upcycle the boxes, but the lids were stapled so tightly that I couldn't help but damage the wood as I tried to work a thin screw driver under a staple or between the lid and the bottom of the box.  I finally extracted the inch long staples and stashed my wine in cabinets and on the kitchen wine rack.

     The lids were good for nothing but kindling, and the boxes were missing a couple of chunks of wood, but I thought I could use them to jazz up a buffet table.  I decided to offer one box to my crafty neighbor who said she could add handles to make a tray. 

     I had to be a copycat.  I sanded the remaining box and patched the gouges with wood filler.  I added some cheap handles and finished by wiping the wood with some mineral oil. 





     

     

     

 

No comments:

Post a Comment