Followers

Friday, July 6, 2012

People Are Crazy

     I couldn't get a song out of my head this morning - the Bill Currington song with the lyrics, "God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy."  I like crazy people.  Not the murder and mayhem crazies, rather the hot mess kind of crazies.  They make life interesting and funny.
     Thomas Daigle and his wife Sandra just made their final house payment of $620.00 with 62,000 pennies.  Some might call that crazy.  Mr. Daigle calls it making the last installment "memorable." http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-makes-final-house-payment-pennies-144051687.html  I never paid a bill totally with pennies, but almost.  My sister and I went out for a snort at Dunleavy's.  At the end of the evening (and this was before ATM machines) we discovered that we hadn't brought enough money.  Since we lived just down the road, my sister went home for some cash while I waited at the bar.  She came back after about 15 minutes and plopped her piggy bank down on the table!  The tab was paid with her collection of spare change.
      People do crazy things for their dogs like buying them diamond collars, taking them for spa days, or having them bar mitzvahed. https://www.google.com/webhp?source=search_app#hl=en&gs_nf=1&tok=y_g6zW0q1bhaGlXhbhnXyA&cp=12&gs_id=1a&xhr=t&q=bar+mitzvahed&pf=p&sclient=psy-ab&oq=bar+mitzvahe&gs_l=&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&fp=a2e370afc0354df8&biw=1024&bih=653  I'd like to say I'm not that nuts, but I did stage a wedding for my first dog Spike.  When she rejected her suitor, I had her spayed.  Does that count as a divorce?
     No matter what the weather, the Naked Cowboy makes his living walking around New York City in his BVD's.  https://www.facebook.com/NkdCowboy?sk=photos  That's not for me.  But I once went to Jamesway in my pajamas.  They had a drawing for shoppers who came dressed in pajamas.  The prize was big, so I figured "what the heck."
     So, what's the silliest thing you've ever done?  It felt good didn't it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv3ujzEC6jg

No comments:

Post a Comment