Followers

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Taylor-ed for Smiles

     I usually have to chuckle every time I pass the Taylor Rental Center on Route 38 in Mt. Laurel.  That's because the franchise owner puts funny sayings on the signs in front of his store.  I wondered when this started, so I called Craig Fisher.  He's the third generation of Fishers to operate the Mt. Laurel rental center.  There is another store on Route 541 in Burlington.
     Mr. Fisher told me that his grandfather started posting the quips thirty years ago as a way to attract business.  His sources were newspapers, Reader's Digest, and quote books.  These days the witticisms come mostly from the internet.  The only rule is that the sayings are limited to twenty-two characters per line so they fit on the signs.
     Here's what the Fishers have posted now:






I can identify with this one.

     You can't help but want to do business with happy people.  I've rented from Taylor twice and been pleased both times.  
     Maybe I could get this up on one of their signs:






No comments:

Post a Comment