Followers

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bears in Hainesport

     The bear citings in Evesham, Mount Laurel, Hainesport, and Westampton were documented in the Courier Post Online, the Burlington County Times, and by CBS News.  Our ursine friend passed through Hainesport yesterday.  My favorite shot was the one of him (or her) heading for Rita's on Burlington-Mount Holly Road in Westampton.  Who wouldn't want any icy treat on a 90 degree day?
   
This pic is all over Facebook.  Who took it?
   
     Humans love bears.  The three bears, Winnie-the-Pooh, Berenstain Bears, Corduroy, Paddington Bear, Yogi and Boo-Boo.  Teddy bears are probably the most popular stuffed animal.  I still have my Teddy, a gift received for my first Christmas.  Ted is blind, his plastic eyes cracked and broke away from their metal base a long time ago.  He started coming apart at the seams back in the 70's.  I stitched him up and gave him a good scrubbing with carpet shampoo.  He doesn't ask for much, just to have the dust vacummed out of his nap from time to time.  Once, I entered his picture in a contest hoping he would be chosen for a teddy bear calendar.  Unfortunately, he didn't make the cut.  When I go to the nursing home, I want Teddy to go with me.  I hope Ted manages to stay out of the trash and goes on for a long time after I'm gone.

Lookin' good for a bear entering his seventh decade.

          Want to read an adult book about a teddy bear?  Get hold of Winkie by Clifford Chase.  What happened to Winkie was no teddy bear's picnic.
        
 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment