Followers

Monday, August 8, 2016

More $#*! Mike Says

     Mike has coined a few new phrases since my February 22, 2013 blog entry in which I revealed his tendency to get creative with the English language.
     Sometimes he's almost poetic; sometimes he's just corny.  I was especially impressed the time we went out in the car to survey damage after a storm.  So many trees were missing limbs or were blown over.  Mike said if he had to rank the damaged trees from bad to worse  he couldn't do it, so he would have to give each tree an arboreal mention.  Contrast that to the time we were swarmed by gnats when we got out of the car.  Says Mike, "Someone put out the welcome gnats."    
     Occasionally, words don't fall trippingly from his tongue.  That's how Lumber Liquidators became Liquid Lumbidators.
     When words fail, he still manages to get his point across.  One time when I tried to guess who was singing a popular song, he told me, "I wouldn't know a Rihanna song from a Beyoncé song from a doughnut licker song."  Sorry Ariana.  
     And speaking of Beyoncé, I know he thinks she is a beautiful woman, so why he called her Big-oncé that time is a mystery to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment