Followers

Wednesday, August 24, 2016

The Ultimate Moscow Mule

     I always check out the drink specials when we go out for dinner.  I'm almost always disappointed when the sweet and fruity raspberry lime martini I imagined turns out tasting like medicine.  Recently, I tried a Moscow Mule.  I declared it just all right, but Mike said it was kind of good.  Then he continued "sampling" my drink until it was almost gone.
     A few days later Mike came home with a six pack of ginger beer, the non-alcoholic main ingredient in a Moscow Mule.  Using a recipe from the internet, he mixed two Mules, and we sat on the patio evaluating our drinks like Robert Parker might analyze a Petite Sirah.  I tasted too much vodka and too little ginger beer.  Mike thought it needed more lime juice.  Within a few days we had created the ultimate Moscow Mule.
   
     Here it is:

     Start with two tall glasses.  Put six ice cubes in each glass.  Mike says it must be six.  Add 2 ounces of vodka and 3/4 ounce lime juice to each glass.  Finish by pouring 6 ounces of ginger beer (1/2 can) into each drink.  Give the concoction a swirl with a spoon.




   



   

No comments:

Post a Comment