Followers

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Post Apocalypse

     The world is still spinning.  Life goes on.  Since I'll be around to enjoy it, I decided to apply a decal to my bathroom wall.  That was the final step toward completing my homage to canines theme in the hall bath.
     I ordered the decal online from Dali Decals.  http://dalidecals.com/  They have a huge assortment of decals from which to choose, or they can do custom orders.  I decided I wanted to use Lord Byron's quote about dogs, "In life the firmest friend, the first to welcome, foremost to defend."  As I plowed through the multitude of fonts from which to chose, I discovered one called Byron.  A check of Lord Byron's signature indicated that this font is actually a reproduction of the poet's handwriting.  How cool would it be to quote the Baron in his own handwriting?  Next, I had to decide where to place the decal and how large to make it.  If the room were configured differently, I might have run the quote along the top of one wall, like a wall paper border.  That idea wasn't working, so I decided to hide the decal behind the door.  Though it reflects a bit in the mirror, one has to go into the bathroom and close the door to read the writing on the wall.
     The customer service people at Dali Decal were quick to respond to my every question.  They confirmed and reconfirmed the layout of the words, the punctuation, and the sizing of the decal.  It arrived within a few days, and it was perfect.  The decal comes with installation instructions and a little plastic squeegee tool for smoothing out air bubbles.  The Dali site also has a video showing how to install decals.
     Wall words, like star decor, aren't for everybody, but I like the decal.  Maybe it will keep me from repainting quite so frequently.  Mike hopes.

Sorry about the reflections and glare.
     
This looks like Mardi flying through the back yard.
   

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful idea! I see a second career in interior design in your future.

    ReplyDelete