Followers

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

V Stitch Ripple Crochet Scarf

     I'm on a tear trying to use surplus yarn.  I have some brown and green yarn which made me think of pine cones and moss.  I thought I would make a scarf to represent the piney woods.  Here's how the project evolved:

     I discovered the V stitch ripple pattern.  I made my scarf in this pattern.  Here's a tutorial:




     I also found a tutorial demonstrating how to make a crochet spiral with picots.  I thought this spiral looked like a pine cone, the perfect embellishment for a piney woods scarf.

                                                                             
   

     I think it turned out nicely.

I used 4 ply yarn and a 4mm (G or # 6) hook.  The scarf measures 8 3/4" wide by 60" long.  There are 77 rows.  There sure are lots of ends to weave in. 

I slip stitched the top and bottom edges to make them neater and give them a little structure.  I did not finish the side edges.  I wanted to be able to drape them easily.

I attached four spirals to one bottom edge.  I think the spirals should be worn in the front.  I decided to leave the other bottom edge unadorned.  Let's hear it for asymmetry.

Here's my scarf.

No comments:

Post a Comment