Followers

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

When Husbands Retire

     Mike is beginning to talk about retiring.  I wonder how he'll like retirement.  I like it.  It's nice being the boss of me.  I wonder if Mike thinks he's going to be the boss of Mike once he leaves the daily grind.  I might have some other ideas!

 Oh, to turn lazy was his aspiration,
To be the embodiment of sloth in his next incarnation.
No working, no slaving, no dedication -
Just a life horizontal, to his wife’s consternation.

Gone the alarm’s tintinnabulation,
Gone the fancy wardrobe - Ah, jubilation,
Gone the traffic, that vexation.
Now he’ll be ruled by his own machinations.

No more pleasing the boss, none of that osculation.
The decision’s been made, after much cogitation,
To trade briefcase for recliner with soothing vibration.
He’ll be living the life of the average crustacean.
                                                                                                     
He thought he was set, but to his trepidation
The spouse made a few of her own calculations.
For him to be idle gave her agitation.
So she chose for him a new occupation.
                                                                                          
He’ll be a full partner in home renovations,
The duties assigned per the mate’s allocation.
Why, in just a few months, by her estimation,
A perfect domicile will reach realization.

So much for his happy ruminations,
He’s learned to choose the path of capitulation.
She’ll have his harmonious cooperation
While he fantasizes about emancipation.

2 comments:

  1. my wife is oh so funny
    in her rhyming way,
    with her thoughts on my retiring
    and jobs she'll send my way.
    she'll have some limitions
    like dust and run the vac.
    but as I run the mower,
    as she lies there in the sack.
    most likely she'll be screaming
    don't do that now
    I must be dreaming
    a headache and no sleep,
    don't be such a creep.
    isn't something running?
    to a track that you can go?
    yes, i didn't last this long
    in the job I plan to leave
    without an ounce of brains
    and something up my sleeve.
    so she'll have her plans,
    I'm sure they'll all be great,
    but mine are too,
    be they few, but wait, they're in the gate.........

    ReplyDelete
  2. OHHHH...you are a match made in heaven!! too cute!
    colette

    ReplyDelete