Followers

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Doppel-hanger


     I first noticed the two dress phenomenon when Chelsea Clinton got married.  She had a ceremony dress and a reception dress.  Though I haven’t been able to find any pictures of the reception frock, I read that it was Grecian inspired, made of tulle, and had a black ribbon belt.  Reportedly, Dress Number #2 was more comfortable for dancing the night away at the reception.  No doubt Vera Wang was thrilled when Chelsea said yes to the dresses.

     Double dressing was the rage at the Academy Awards this year.  The nightly news magazine shows made a lot of it.  Jennifer Lopez and Cameron Diaz had red carpet gowns and after party outfits.  My hat is off to Best Supporting Actress winner, Octavia Spencer.  She didn’t need a supporting wardrobe for later in the evening.  Even country girl, Carrie Underwood, did a quick change at a recent event.  Her second, shorter dress was better suited to performing than the billowy number she wore through the front door.

     I’ve toted along an extra pair of shoes.  Sometimes I take a sweater, just in case the air conditioning is set a little too low.  But a whole ‘nother change of clothes?  Come on now.  Even when I change into a swim suit at my sister-in-law’s Fourth of July splash, I put on my original duds when I get out of the pool.   

     Happiness is sporting just one ensemble at a time.       

1 comment: