Followers

Monday, March 5, 2012

When I Can't Think of Anything, I Write a Poem

A little while back, I wrote a poem about married life.  Can you relate?

After three decades single
I decided to take the plunge
Our lives we would co-mingle
The past life I'd expunge.

Judging from the courtship
Married life would be grand
The walk down the aisle a pleasure trip
To the new life we had planned.

Let me say that hubby
Is mostly a model spouse
He hates his surroundings grubby
He helps me clean the house.

But in the matter of the bathroom
Though he'll even sit to pee
He clutters the counter with perfume
Razors, clippers, and other debris.

He insists on doing the dishes
But his washing never passes
He never follows my wishes
To wash them wearing glasses.

He's happy to take the dog out
But he never picks it up
And so it happens daily
I step in the product of my pup.

Because he has a desk job
He'd come home clean, you think
Yet every wash day I spot treat
The ketchup, grease, and ink.

The thing is I'm not perfect
Annoying habits, I have more
The best thing about my husband is
He never, ever keeps score.

Marriage involves a lot of give and take, they say.  Thank God, I found a giver!



1 comment:

  1. oh bev...that poem is beautiful!
    i only realized today that i get to "keep reading" what you write when kathleen asked me if i've been following your blog. i'm slow....what can i say?
    i love your style girl...very amusing! and you know i can always use a laugh!! :-)~colette

    ReplyDelete