Followers

Friday, March 16, 2012

Waxing Poetic

     It's going to be a hectic day, so here's another poem from the creative writing class archives. 

We got a dog
I thought, “How neat.”
Now our family is complete.

We go for walks.
“How cute.  How fuzzy.”
What a great idea.  Or was she?

She likes to chew.
She ate a leash.
Computer wires helped cut her teeth.

I sort the wash.
She likes to stare.
Then she makes off with the underwear.

She has to pee.
I ask, “Go out?”
But after, she pees in the house.

No matter what
Sun or raining
Just grab a bag and do house training.

And not just days
We train by night
At one and five before first light.

I have a dog.
I got my wish.
She’s better than a tank of fish.

I don’t want cats
Or pretty birds.
I have a dog too cute for words.

     Thank goodness, she has completed her housebreaking and is over the chewing stage.  Now, if I could just do something about the running in and out all day long... 

No comments:

Post a Comment