Followers

Saturday, January 25, 2020

Crocheted Hygge Baskets

     Check out these fun storage baskets.  I made all the baskets with three strands of yarn using a size N crochet hook.  I got my instructions from a Jayda in Stitches video which I will include at the end of this post.

This one is the biggest.  The base is 96 stitches in circumference.  The diameter is a bit bigger than 14 inches and it is a little taller than 15 inches.  I made a crab stitch border around the top edge.

I sized this one down a bit.  The base is 88 stitches in circumference.  Making the basket just a little bit smaller made all the difference in the rigidity of the sides.  This version stands up nicely on it's own when it is empty.  Mardi likes it!

Jayda makes an 80 stitch base for the baskets in her video.  I found that my 80 stitch baskets did not work up as big as the ones Jayda made.  That is why I added stitches (multiples of 8) for the first two baskets shown in this post.  This colorful, pastel basket is a scrap project.  I used up a bag of small balls of yarn on this one.   

This one is also a scrap project.  I had lots of little balls of black yarn to which I added a bunch of pink shades.  These baskets are a great way to use up leftover yarn.  Baskets made of acrylic yarn are machine washable and machine dryable.  


Here's Jayda:



No comments:

Post a Comment