Followers

Friday, January 17, 2020

The Sheldon Squared Afghan

     I'm a big fan of "Young Sheldon."  The afghans in the Cooper family living room have not gone unnoticed by this avid crocheter. 

Picture from Google Images/YouTube
     It turns out that lots of crochet fans are in love with this afghan on the back of Sheldon's sofa.  They are calling it the Sheldon Squared Afghan.  It's been pinned a jillion times on Pinterest.  There are free instructions on Ravelry and the Crochet Crowd's site.  You can buy ready made Sheldon Squared afghans on Etsy.
     I decided to make my version and donate it to Smithville Mansion's Christmas sale.  Sure enough, a fellow Sheldon fan snapped it up.
     Here's my afghan:

You've got to love those late 1970s earth tone colors.  I hope whoever purchased my work enjoys it for years to come.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment