Followers

Monday, January 20, 2020

Unisex Crochet Slippers

     I recently made these booties.

Cute, huh?
They remind me of UGGs.

Side View
I made blue, cotton UGGs!

   
     I found the tutorial for making these boots/slippers on YouTube on the Sirin's Crochet channel.


 
     First, I tried to make them Sirin's way, but I thought they were too thick.  I used #6 yarn as directed, but the slippers were at least 1.25 inches thick, maybe more.  Since I normally wear socks plus slippers, these boots would make my feet sweat.  They were also a bit big, given the bulky weight of the yarn.
     I made the following changes: I used a K hook (6.5mm) for the foundation chain of 19.  After making the foundation chain, I used a 6 mm (J hook) as Sirin did.  I switched from #6 Lion Brand yarn to Sugar 'n' Cream 100% cotton yarn which is a thinner #4 yarn.  I made the soles with three strands of yarn and the uppers with two strands of yarn.  The slippers fit my size 10 tootsies.  The length is good, but they are a bit wide.  My slippers are a little floppier than Sirin's.  I think my cotton yarn will be long wearing.  I also think it will washing nicely since cotton can handle hot water and machine drying.
     If you follow Sirin's video to make these slippers, you will probably have to pause the action on each step.  Sirin goes fast, and I found I could not keep up with her.

     Thanks, Sirin.

No comments:

Post a Comment