Followers

Monday, April 1, 2013

Rabbit Ramblings

     I have a soft spot for rabbits.  Maybe it goes back to the pet rabbits we had when I was a kid. Tinker was the first.  I don't remember if Tinker was a boy or a girl.  He/she lived to the ripe old age of seven - not bad considering Tink lived outside.  Quite a few years after Tinker went to bunny heaven, Dirty Nose wandered into the yard.  He was beige with a brown nose, hence the name. He didn't seem to belong to anyone, and he was friendly and didn't mind being handled, so we put him into a hutch, gave him a girlfriend, and sold his progeny.  It was a sad day when he passed.
     I suppose the Easter bunny got me thinking about my pet rabbits from long ago.  The pet rabbits got me thinking about rabbits of all sorts.  That smart-ass Bugs Bunny was famous. Remember the Trix Rabbit?

      

     I've always enjoyed reading, but I have never read a Peter Rabbit story.  I also never watched the Roger Rabbit movie.  I did see the one with Jimmy Stewart and Harvey.  I know all about Lewis Carroll's White Rabbit, and nothing about Jefferson Airplane's lapin - at least that's what I'm saying on the record.
     When I was young, I had could work from dawn till dusk, then party past midnight - like the Energizer Bunny.  Now I'm more like Garfield, the cat.
     I encountered the Jackalope when I visited Wyoming.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jackalope  There was one in the window of every taxidermy shop.



     Mike enjoys pictures of creatures with floppy ears and cottony tails that, like the Jackalope, couldn't possibly be real - Playboy bunnies.
     Taken separately, these rabbits are an endearing collection.  Given my habit of turning over blog ideas in my mind before drifting off to sleep, I'm hoping I don't have dreams about a six foot, three and a half inch woman with buck teeth and an ample bosom, banging a drum at the foot of the bed.  I think Mike needs to have that dream.
         

No comments:

Post a Comment